Join Bob and Shannon for a Boldly Going Nowhere Weekend Retreat
TIME & DATE: 6pm 25 October 2019 – 1230pm 27 October 2019
LOCATION: Camp Wabanna, near Annapolis MD
*****Registration ends 10/12 in order to finalize the details with the retreat center*****
Wabanna Camp and Retreat Center is a non-profit, non-denominational Christian ministry located on a 23-acre point where the Rhode and West Rivers converge into the Chesapeake Bay. The property was established in 1941 and has expanded its mission, activities, and facilities over the years. The name “Wabanna“ was intended to be a haven for young adults from the WAshington, BAltimore, and ANNApolis areas. The on-site, full-time staff continue the original intentions and Wabanna mission with love and sincerity.
The first time Bob and Shannon visited Camp Wabanna, it was in full operations during the summer months. Swarming with 300+ young adults, staff, and volunteers, you couldn’t walk 20 feet without experiencing ear-to-ear smiles, belly laughter, curious excitement, and team-building activities which every parent would be thrilled to watch their child experience. The reminders of summer didn’t stop with activities, as there were wet beach towels, dirty flip flops, and sunglasses being dried out from the morning’s adventures. As we explored the property in the swirling energies of young adult chatter and flurry, we were told that Camp Wabanna has never turned away any child who requested attendance. They have always received donations and grants to support anyone in need of assistance, often through families who pay for an extra tuition because they know the impact the yearly experience has on their own child. It is truly a labor of love that trickles down from the founders to the campers! The views along the water are spectacular and worthy of an observer in silent contemplation. All Bob and Shannon could think about was, “This must be incredible in the calm of the off-season. We have to do a retreat here!”
So our friends, we would love for you to join us at Camp Wabanna for our Boldly Going Nowhere Retreat.
- Address: 101 Likes Rd, Edgewater MD 21037
- Registration includes lodging, meals, and tuition for the entire weekend.
- Maximum participation is 28 attendees.
- After you register, you will receive an EMAIL REQUESTING ADDITIONAL INFORMATION to indicate any food allergies, to identify an emergency POC, and to list preferred roommates if you plan to share your BGN weekend with one or more familiar beloveds in your life. The email will generally be sent within a week of your registration. Please complete the request as soon as possible. There are many moving parts to coordinate behind the scenes. We appreciate your attention and respect for our time and energy to integrate all those parts to create a seemless retreat.
- Check-in is 3pm on Friday.
- Official BGN programming will BEGIN on Friday with a GROUP GATHERING AT 6PM prior to dinner at 630pm. We will CONCLUDE BGN programming around noon on Sunday and everyone will receive a boxed lunch around 1230pm so you can socialize and pack informally before departure.
- Check-out is 3pm on Sunday.
- Programming between 6pm Friday and 1230pm Sunday will not shared in detail, as this will be an experiential retreat uniquely and creatively designed to bring you into the nowhere, the NowHere. Yes, we will have discussion. Yes, we will do breathwork. Yes, we will share silence. Yes, we will hoot and holler. Yes, we will practice ceremony. Yes, we will connect with nature. Yes, we will connect hearts. Yes, we will sing together. Yes, we will cry together. Yes, we will unplug from our digital devices.
- A ROUGH agenda will be emailed THE WEEK OF THE RETREAT, along with packing suggestions, logistics information, and any relevant final details. Specific instructions for the first gathering will be provided in your welcome packet in your room, and start times for follow-on programming will be confirmed throughout the weekend.
- The main menu will have gluten-free and vegetarian options, with a salad bar for lunches and dinners. If you require refrigeration for medicine or specific dietary needs, there will be refrigerators available for your personal use.
- Lodging accommodations will be in the main building and require you to bring your own bedding, towels, washcloths, and toiletries. All beds are single beds. No bunks. Rooms are on the upper floor of the main lodge.
- There are shared dormitory-style restrooms and shower rooms designated for men and women.
- Rooms are intended for double-occupancy so you can share your experience with someone familiar or with a new BGN friend! If you are open to having your roommate randomly selected, please leave the preferred roommate fields blank on the attendee form. If you have a group of 3 or 4 attending who wish to room together, we can accommodate (indicate your preference on the detailed attendee form). If you wish to have a private single room, you can add that option to this registration for an additional fee.
- You should be prepared for indoor and outdoor activities. We are aware that weather in Maryland is variable. If that concerns you at all, we lovingly challenge you to unleash your inner child and join us for whatever this adventure has to offer your spirit.
- We do ask that you commit to being fully present for the entire weekend between 6pm Friday and 1230pm Sunday. Retreat programming will build upon itself. We intend that the sacred circle created as soon as the retreat begins will be unbroken until we conclude. Each and every participant supports each other in some way and helps to co-create the energy of the experience. Please be present for yourself and your fellow BGN brothers and sisters.
- For anyone traveling by air, the two local airports are Baltimore (BWI) and Washington DC (DCA). From personal experience, Uber or Lyft services range from $50-60 from either airport to Camp Wabanna. You will not need a rental car during our retreat.
- PLEASE NOTE: Your payment includes a $150 non-refundable deposit. By submitting your online registration with payment, an understanding of and agreement with these policies are implied. Cancellation Policy is as follows:
- 60 days prior to the event, 50% refund less deposit.
- 30 days prior to the event, 25% refund less deposit.
- 15 days prior to the event, no refund.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email email@example.com
Not familiar with Boldly Going Nowhere? Find out more here: www.WeAreBoldlyGoingNowhere.com
Watch a highlight reel from our January 2018 BGN Retreat…